Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Thank you to Fessenden school. I read this today at the assembly

On behalf of myself, my husband, Julia and of course Cassie I would like to thank you for the generous donation to Cassie's Lights of Hope Campaign. I would like to say a special thank you to Catherine Youngblud. Catharine heard about Cassie's mounting medical bills and offered me support and good suggestions, which have been very helpful. Catherine is a true leader. She cares about the well being of every one of her students here at Fessenden. Thank you Catherine.

Next I would like to say a special thank you to Mr. Moase and Mrs. Milner who worked so hard on the Toy Drive. I believe it was you that thought of the name for Cassie’s Campaign the Lights of Hope, which was very creative and touched our hearts. I am sure arranging the Toy Drive was a lot of work. The day was so fun for everyone. I wanted to say a special thank you for this event and the donations that were raised.

Secondly, I would like to now say a huge thank you to the Teachers at Fessenden School. My family heard about your generous idea to forgo Christmas gifts and ask students and families to donate to Cassie’s campaign instead. This was a very special Christmas gift to our daughter Cassie and the donations will be used for medical treatments that will assist Cassie to keep meeting milestones in Growth and Development.

I could not go with out thanking the very, very special EA’s at Fesseden School. Your kindness to Cassie means the world to me as her mother. Your day-to-day encouragement and support is very much appreciated and Cassie is making great strides in her education thanks to your support. I know some of you made donations to the campaign as well and I thank you whole-heartedly.

Next I would like to thank the parent’s council at Fesseden School for the bake sale. The parents on this council continue to inquire about how Cassie’s treatments are going on a day-to-day basis and you always stop me and offer encouraging words. This type of support has allowed me to be able to accept the generous donations made at this school. I hope you continue to ask us about Cassie we are always happy to share her progress.

Lastly to the students of Fessenden School and their parents. What nice friends you are to Cassie. The Fessenden school community has always openly accepted Cassie. Many of you gave generous donations that will be used for therapy programs, botox treatments and serial casting. This will allow Cassie to grow and develop well. This campaign has eased my financial burden and has allowed Cassie to receive some of the best medical options available. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your generosity and kindness.

Thank you all, Kathy, Chris, Julia and Cassie Fruck

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    It just shows the good hearts of people when they know of a worthy cause. I think the people of Hamilton are very generous not just in your family's case but in other causes that I have noticed since moving here.

    I am so glad that everybody is pulling together for Cassie.

    ReplyDelete