Friday, January 2, 2009

About Julia

Julia Katharine Fruck My Pride and Joy




I always try to remember that despite being busy with Cassie rehab I can't overlook my oldest wonderful child Julia. Today I told Julia I wanted to write about her on my blog. Julia is a little more reserved, slighty shyer girl with a heart of gold. She smiled big and seemed happy when I told her I wanted to write about her today. Since Julia patiently sits through alot of her sisters appointments and rehab she gets extra special treats as rewards for always being such an understanding kid. Recently my work gave tickets to the theatre and I told Julia we were going on a mommy-daughter date. We dressed up really nice and Daddy and Cassie drove us to the theatre for a night out. Julia seems to love mommy time and attention. Not surprisingly, we had three years together before Cassie came along so naturally Julia still enjoys time with me alone. Getting my full attention, not having a little sister bugging and talking about more grown up things. Here is a picture of Julia and I ready to go out together. Julia is a little Kate. She looks just like her mommy but has alot of Chris's personality.



Julia who is only 10 years old has a maturity far above her age. She excels in school. She works hard and is a model student. Every year every single teacher says the same thing about Julia. Chris and I have a running joke going before we enter a classroom for parent teacher interviews. We ask Julia what bad stuff the teacher is going to say. When we leave the room we bug Julia about all the bad things the teacher said. Every year, year after year the teachers have the same thing to say. What an outstanding student Julia is, how thoughtful and considerate Julia is to her classmates, she is a pleasure to teach. Keep up this good work Julia girl. You make us proud.
Julia has inherited talents that I know dont come from me. She loves to do crafts and bake. She is really artsy with her favourite store being Micheals or dollarama for new crafts. She gets this from her grammy and Oma. Julia is really excellent at music and loves playing guitar and singing. She has top marks in Math and loves to build things just like her dad. Recently she bought a used lego toy at Fessenden toy sale and in one sitting built a navy ship that had a 35 page instruction manual. I could never do this. She facinates me and excits me with all her abilities.Julia inherited my love of books. One of our favourite things to do is to get Cassie to sleep then snuggle up on Julia's bed to read books together. We read long books that are not easy to finish. The long books give us something to talk about and look forward too on the next night. We get mad at each other if one or the other reads ahead. We have an ongoing joke about reading ahead. I will always treasure these times with Julia. She is growing up way to fast. She is so tall, mature and well liked by everyone.
Julia with our new beagle Charlie. Again Julia showing maturity. Walking home from the babysitters and letting the little guy out of the cage. Julia is thoughtful to animals.

Todays picture of Julia at the outdoor skating rink. Julia and our family joined the Childrens Exercise and Nutrition Program at Mcmaster. Initially Cassie was referred as children with cerbral palsy need to be in really good shape. Julia found out about the program and wanted to go. Julia has excelled in the program. She has learned lots about nutrition, healthy eating and exercise. Julia has shaped up, has better self esteem and has learned alot about healthy eating. Again just another way you shine Julia. I love you with all my heart my sweat girl. Hope you always remember this. Love MomXOXOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Delighted to see this wonderful article on Julia! She is a darling girl! Keep up the blogging, I check it every day to see if you have done anything new.

    ReplyDelete