Saturday, January 24, 2009








Thank you for your Donations to My Treatments!

I have received by first set of Botox needles. I went to the 4X clinic at Mcmaster Children’s Hospital. I was very scared but the nurses and doctor helped me overcome my fears and off to sleep I went. After I woke up it was much easier. I played with my roommate a ten-year-old boy with cerebral palsy just like me. Mom and Daddy said I got three needles in my left leg and foot and one in my left hand. I still hate needles but my left hand and foot feel much looser now. I will get my needles every six months. I started another procedure called serial casting. I got a new cast every week for six weeks. The orthotist even made me a special red and green Christmas cast that I wore to the Christmas pageant.

My foot is much flatter and all my calluses on my foot healed up because I was not walking on the outside boarder of my foot. I walked really well with my cast on. Once the cast came off I was given a spa foot soak. Ooohhhh It felt so good. And mommy and daddy bought peppermint foot lotion and pink soap for my spa foot soak that smelled really nice. My doctor is much happier with the condition of my foot. They made me new leg braces that are pink and purple hearts and I walk really well in them.

Now that I have loose muscles it is time to start therapy. I go to Chedoke Developmental Rehabilitation Program for therapy after school. Mommy and Daddy said I need to do a bit more strengthening than just after school. I know I can make my hand work better. I am going to a therapy camp in Pickton Ontario on February 9th for five weeks. Mommy and I will live at the camp. I will do intensive physiotherapy all done with kids like me. I will also get hyperbaric oxygen therapy to help my brain injury. I will miss Julia and my friends but I will make some new friends and be home at the end of the therapy. I can’t wait for Julia and Daddy to come see me on weekends. I don’t mind telling everyone about the hard work I am doing. I know it could not have been done with out all the donations and financial assistance from my community. Thank you for helping me have “Good Dancing Feet”

Love Cassie Fruck Age 8


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    Loved the blog today. I hope that you and Cassie will both benefit from the treatment at the upcoming camp.

    Give Cassie and Julia a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete