Friday, March 13, 2009

Home Now and Keeping Active



We have arrived home and back to our busy lives. We need to be sure to keep Cassie exercising. Her home exercises will include stretching, back and leg exercises and exercises for her feet. Cassie needs daily exercise for her entire life because of her brain injury and cerebral palsy. Our best friends Jamie and Colleen gave the family a Wii. Cassie was very happy to be home and spent hours playing with the new game. Julia had perfected the games while we were away and set characters that look like everyone in our family. Thanks to our most wonderful best friends for this thoughtful gift. We will continue to help Cassie form a healthy way of life through exercise!! I think the entire family will get lots of fun out of this game. I am so glad to be home. I can't wait to have Jamie and Colleen over for a Wii party!!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely present to give which will benefit the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Cassie and Kate! I can imagine it is great to be with your family and friends again.
    Don't forget if you need any help with anything conductive please ask.

    It is wonderful that your friends gave you a Wii. I am interested to hear how you get on with it Cassie.
    Do you use the balance board? If so have you used it sitting down and standing up?

    I am really interested to get one for the CP adults I work with to use socially.

    Would Cassie, perhaps with Julia, like to write something for me about their experiences with Wii to put on my blog or on your own blog so I can link to it?

    You can see me having a go on Wii at my nephew's house on my blog at: http://konduktorin.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html
    I think I was "hoola-hooping" on the photo.
    I liked the tennis but I got really aching muscles after doing that!

    If you look at the following link Cassie you will see the children at the Petö Institute in Hungary using Wii at school.

    http://index.hu/tech/hardver/szrkf080411/

    Click on the side of the first picture to see a slide show then scroll down to the video and click on it and you will see my friend Zsofie explaining how the teenagers are really motivated to move and exercise by using Wii.

    Arnold says in the film that it is so much better than just twiddling his thumbs as he does with the other Nintendo games.

    Have fun.
    with best wishes
    Susie

    ReplyDelete